Restaurant B&B Visite is located in the centre of Ertvelde, between cycling junctions 1 and 99 of the Meetjesland cycling network. We are also close to the cycling network of South Zeeland Flanders.
You can map out your own routes online via numerous platforms such as fietsnet.be, or you can choose from the list below that we have compiled for you.
Contact us if you want to rent bikes. We work together with a local bicycle dealer.
- The 9 of Evergem: this 54 kilometre cycle route takes you through the 9 village centres of the municipality of Evergem. This route is very varied and leads you along interesting heritage (e.g. chapel of OLV Stoepe), industrial sites, slow roads and the nature of nearby coupling areas in Kerkbrugge and Doornzele. Cultural heritage is also covered with tributes to Luc De Vos (Gorki) and Eddy Wally.
The route starts in the beautiful castle domain of Wippelgem, but passes by our B&B.
- The windmill route in the Meetjesland: the Meetjesland is billowy, so the wind often has free rein. Ideal for windmills. This 55.5 km cycle route leads you past the modern windmills and authentic mills in the Meetjesland, of which the Stenenmolen in Ertvelde and the Gerardsmolen in Wippelgem are still active. This route passes our B&B.
Every first and third Saturday of the month, spelt is ground in the Stenenmolen in the traditional way using wind power on natural stones.
Every second Sunday of the month (except July and August) you can visit the Gerardsmolen between 11 and 17h.
- The Krekenroute: For centuries the area around Assenede and Boekhoute lay on the flood line between land and sea. This made it vulnerable to floods, which pushed the water inland with violent force. By embanking the region in the 15th century, the Meetjesland landscape changed forever and the polders came into being. On this 55 km route, you ride on the polder dikes and pass by the numerous creeks and gullies that are silent witnesses of the former water and nature violence. This route passes our B&B.
- Fancy a longer bicycle tour of 69 km through the same polder region, but starting from neighbouring Zelzate?
- Linking areas: This cycle route takes you past the linking areas that were recently created by the Vlaamse Land Maatschappij. Linking areas are connecting areas between residential areas and industrial zones. They are equipped with buffers, cycling and walking paths, nature and parks and thus increase the liveability of the residential areas close to the Ghent canal zone.
- More inspiration can be found via the Evergem website, tourism East Flanders or tourism Meetjesland